The Art of Mr. Bill – Season 2
The Art Of Mr. Bill Ableton tutorial series is designed for beginner users through to advanced level users of Live.
Most online tutorials will show you neat tricks, important, helpful functions of Live and other fancy things, however, many of them fail to apply these techniques into practical applications that you can ultimately use to make music.
The Art Of Mr. Bill differs from these as it is focused on writing a track from start to finish with no corners cut during the process.
Season 2 of “The Art of Mr. Bill” Ableton tutorial series begins with me having sleep deprivation & writer’s block, then proceeding to conquer it in the coming days and progressing to getting an entire track finished collectively in 11 hours. It discusses some features, but for the most part, this series is based on just writing music in real time with no bullshit involved.
This course is made up of 12 x 1 hour (approx.) videos, each focusing on a new section of the writing process.
By the end of the 11 hour course, you can expect to:
- Have a good understanding of how electronic music is written in Ableton Live.
- Understand the difference between MIDI and audio (and the different applications and uses for both).
- Have a good understanding of how to arrange and finish tracks.
- Understand the premise of synthesizing your own sounds.
- Understand sampling, when, how and why to do it.
- Discover many keyboard shortcuts and other workflow tricks to speed up the writing process.
- Be able to tackle the process of writing a track from start to finish in Ableton Live using just a few samples and Ableton Live’s native instruments and effects.